Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
The Information may be used for the following purposes:
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the service.
- For billing-related purposes.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if I have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
- To enable and facilitate the Counsellor Services.
- To supervise, administer and monitor the service.
- To measure and improve the quality, the effectiveness and the delivery of my services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To provide, support, personalise, and develop my website and Counsellor Services.
- To personalise your Website experience.
Social and General Information Tools
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing”, are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. I will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, my systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. I apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorised access, use, and disclosure. I comply with or exceed all applicable laws and regulations regarding data privacy.
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website, to perform certain tasks which are related to the website, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. I will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for me and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements.
I do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to become our user. The website is not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. If you’re aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 please let me know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
I cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. I may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Counsellors may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; (c) threatened harm to another person; (d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
- To perform my obligations in accordance with any contract that I may have with you.
- It is in my legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that I provide the Services in the best way that I can.
- It is my legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon me.
You can removal of any personal data that you have provided to me using this website. Automated processing of your Personal Information is necessary to operate the website effectively and to provide counselling and related services.
You can exercise any of the rights the law confers to you, like for example: opt-out of all data processing, or request erasure of your data by contacting me through the contact page. In some cases, I may be required to retain personal data to comply with applicable medical record retention laws.
You can contact me with questions, concerns or objections about this policy, or about your data by using my contact page HERE.
Dated: 8th February 2020
I offer a free 30 minute initial consultation.